Monday, November 09, 2009

From the Hellholes of Incarceration to a Future of Emancipation

New special issue of Revolution Newspaper -- analysis of the exponentially mushrooming prison system in this country, exposure of the wide-spread use of rape by prison guards to control prisoners, coverage of the growth of Christian fundamentalist indoctrination behind bars, and voices of the revolutionary prisoners who struggle through all this to set their sights on something much higher.

Take some time with this special issue -- you won't feel the same afterwards.  Contribute to the Prisoner Revolutionary Literature Fund -- info on the revcom.us website.

To give you a taste of what you will find in this issue... an excerpt from one of the prisoner letters:

“I am no stranger to struggle and hardship. I grew up in just one of the many, many slums in Chicago. I ended up in prison by the age of 13. I am 30 now. I have been raised by cold steel and concrete which I do not wear as a Scar of Honor but as an indictment against a system that has been built on genocide and slavery, and has continued to insist on throwing away its 'undesirables' generation after generation. However, let me be clear, I am in search of the truth and not pity. My struggle is linked with the struggle of millions across the globe.”

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Sunsara Taylor at 5:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com